This salad really is for me the taste of the summer, sun ripened tomatoes bursting with flavour, fresh basil, the fiery taste of rocket and the smoothness of the mozerella served with a deep, rich glass of red and maybe a bit of crusty bread and olives on the side. Heaven.
- 1 big handful of fresh basil leaves
- Half a cup pine nuts
- A good glug of olive oil
- Rocket leaves
- Half an avocado
- Red onion
- Mozzarella balls or one big one cut into small pieces
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Blitz together the handful of basil leaves, glug of olive oil and pine nuts untill completely blended together, if too thick add some more olive oil.
- Next take your rocket and arrange on your plate.
- Slice the tomatoes, avocado and onion and arrange.
- Next add the mozerlla and drizzle over the pesto.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the whole salad and add a few torn basil leaves.