- 1 cup pitted dates soaked in water for 10 minutes before then drained.
- Half a cup of almonds
- Half a cup of brazil nuts
- One and a half cups of cashew nuts already soaked and drained
- Two Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Two Tbsp full fat coconut milk.
- Two Tbsp sweet freedom syrup
- Juice of one whole lemon.
- One cup of strawberries (leave some out for decorating)
- Blitz the almond and brazil nuts to a corse blend set aside.
- Blitz the dates until they are small chopped pieces, add the almonds and brazil nuts and blitz together to form a sticky mixture.
- Take a greased cake tin and press the mixture down into the cake tin to form your base. Pop this into the freezer while you are making the filling.
- Add the rest of the ingredients together, except strawberries, and blitz until smooth and creamy. Then add the strawberries until mixed all together.
- Take your base out from the freezer and pour your mixture onto the base. Freeze for 4 hours.
- To serve I like to serve it whole. Fill the sink with some hot water and gently put the bottom of the tin into the water for a few minutes to loosen the sides. Turn upside down onto your hand and then straight onto the plate, garnish with extra strawberries and a sprig of mint if you have one.
FYI - I normally just throw ingredients together when I'm creating something which for you guys is not helpful so over the few months since I started blogging Ive found an easier way of doing things. First I tried measuring with scales and decided that this takes a lot of fun out of being creative (messy). Next I tried cups, I know its a very Amercian way of doing things but its less structured. My cup of choice is a pretty tea cup.